i have solidworks
cost was $3995 USD
annual maintenance (more or less required) is $1500

when i say more or less required as i recall i got some discount on the
3995 but they wouldn't give it without the maintenance

Orcad Capture was about $1200 or $1500, i can't remember exactly
they offered maintence at $495 i think
i declined and asked what i would be missing, and asked if the program
would stop working after one year

they said it would not stop working and i would only lose free support
after one year
so i didn't get it

about one year later i received (without requesting it) a full package
of a later release at no charge whatsoever
pretty good i'd say

Dennis Saputelli