Not to argue with you Abd ul-Rahman but Protel customer service has
specifically stated to me, a couple of times, with complete sincerity that
common CAD maintenance programs are typically 20% - 25% in the industry. So
if they are stating this as though they believe it, then maybe there will be
no better case for justifying ATS costs in the future. One of the
justifications they mentioned to me was PCAD at 20% -25%, I was like "...and
that's a fair justification, you own them as well?".
        I am not sure if they are picking specific packages which only
demonstrate that point to back their case but it certainly is not my
experience in the past. Your statement of 15% being common would be my take
on the issue as well. Anybody know what PADs, Mentor or Cadence currently
charge annually?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.