Today I wasted around 4 hours trying to get some 3rd party models working
in Sim. 

4 hours of useless error messages saying something like 

Can't locate model xxx in: 

followed by usually nothing but sometimes 1 or 2 paths where it looked
while I tried to find some location for the models where the simulator
would find them.

Eventually it turns out to be the spice library file which (despite it
being described as for Windows Pspice) contained only LF not CRLF pairs for
end of lines. This didn't cause problems for anything I used to view it
(including the Protel text editor server) but apparently completely screws
up the simulator. 

Just sharing so someone else might be saved this grief. 


Cheers, Terry.

************************************************************************
* Tracking #: 8C77B80931FBAA499703581BDD3E3F1034BC808E
*
************************************************************************

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* To leave this list visit:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html
*
* Contact the list manager:
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html
*
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/proteledaforum@techservinc.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reply via email to