On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:18:04 +1000 (EST), DUTTON Phil wrote:
>I have used Protel to produce schematics and design boards for
many years
>and find it an excellent and fair priced tool for the intended
job.

You really consider $8000US a "fair priced tool" for a package
where schematic capture and PCB layout (mostly) work, the "other"
modules have serious limitations or defects and you get almost no
tech support or updates/bug fixes?

Hmmmm... where can I find a bunch of customers like you?

>(occasional faults and problems along the way)
>I'm hoping that DXP will be a further improvement on 99SE,
keeping all the
>features that make it intuitive to use and hopefully a better
router,
>without adding glitzy bells and whistles to make it look more
expensive.
>I feel that the majority of Protel's current customers would
agree. I too am
>somewhat cautious about jumping into the next version,
especially if any of
>the changes that you are suggesting come to fruition.

We (my PCB designer and myself) are staying with what we've got
now until or unless Altium shows us something that adds real
functionality or improves our productivity. Unless that happens,
Protel 99SE will be the last purchases we make from Altium.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems

* Tracking #: A2A351F056703D48A925C14F5DD5AAB3E30F98C8