From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: July 10, 2002 12:46 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] ATS - don't do it! (was restore defaults...)

Igor Gmitrovic wrote:

> Tom,
>
> many of them will join us, they just keep it quiet. It would be probably
better from our users' point of view if more people voiced their opinion.
That would hopefully let them understand we are serious when we say 'We are
not buying this anymore'.

We made the mistake of blindly buying Protel 98, and were very disappointed.
When 99 came out, we said "NO WAY", and kept using what we had.  When 99SE
came out, I tried it with trepidation, assuming it would be even worse.
But, it
worked well, solved some shortcomings in the earlier software, so we then
upgraded.  But, we will look long and hard before paying for any more
upgrades.
The  need to do something major that we can't do now would be the only
reason
to upgrade.  Protel 99SE pretty much does what it is supposed to do for
schematic => PCB.  Maybe people using microvias or something might need
more features.

Jon

* Tracking #: 7A135105E47AC749A03B32D4CB8D84A1E38D13BC