> Just guessing, but maybe this mouse morass is Delphi's fault?  It may be
> true that 99% of other apps don't have this problem, but maybe the 1% that
> do are written in Delphi?  Sometimes app bugs turn out to be built-in bugs
> of the app development system.
>
> Coming to an EDA list near you:  Mouse Wars.  squeak, Squeak, sque-sque-sque
> Squeak squeak, ...  8:>
>
> Best regards,
> Ivan Baggett
> Bagotronix Inc.
> website:  www.bagotronix.com

No.  My software team uses delphi.  We have no such problems with mouse/window
interactions unless something really silly was done.
To prevent the Protel auto-pan mouse chunkyness, you just need an understanding of how
Windows threads it's input & display devices
internally.  It is entirely possible to re-create the same Protel flaws in Microsoft's
Visual C, or Visual basic.

Brian Guralnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice (514) 624-4003