forget ATS, you don't require it.

we'll see what happens with future service packs.
Whether ther are available for free or not.

As to the online libraries :
Without a decent library browser I consider supplied libraries
useless. I'd rather have my own. Supplied footprint libraries
are completetly useless. Would there be the possibility to have
a textline for each footprint you could at least note to what
manufacturer, or device a footprint '2A23' belongs.
Yet this trivial feature is missing from DXP.

Rene

Phillip Stevens wrote:

> The main reason I switched to Protel was to get away from Tango Total Support.
>
> At the time,  Protel was a breath of fresh air.
>
> It's Service packs on-line.
> It's Part libraries on-line.
> No yearly charges to keep these available.
>
> I for one,  feel *strongly* betrayed by the ATS program.  It's not what
> I "signed on" for when I originally bought the package.  If I could have
> foreseen the development of ATS,  I might have made a different selection.
>
> Things change,  I guess,  not always for the better.

* Tracking #: D288FF41EAF1C44483B362EBDA883FF2DD4F5268