One problem I am seriously encountering here, is with my management in
explaining exactly what ATS (or even the DXP upgrade) will buy them.

They like to see a quote for exactly what they are buying (and delivery
dates), spend the money and have something delivered for their money. They
are worried about spending and getting absolutely no return on there
investment.

Buy a faster PC costing X, recover that cost in Y months as Z much more work
has been done. How do I express this for ATS (and DXP)?

I once worked for a company that used Orcad (V3.0 I think), who religeously
bought annual update and support (only 200/year per seat for 5 seats), as
for a while that provided updates, from V1.0 to V2 to V3 + updates. But when
nothing was forthcoming during one year (ie the order said 200 and yet
there was no delivery note !!) and support was never used, as they either
couldn't provide a solution or the Orcad users just solved the problems
amongst themselves, the annaual update and support was not renewed (10 seats
by then). Eventually paid for a V3 to V4 update on one seat to solve a
specific problem, but was unable to get any further money after having been
burnt spending over 1000 and getting absolutlely nothing in return.

I get very similar feelings about ATS.

Ian