> A couple of things : If you are going to run a CAD application reserve
> one machine for nothing but CAD. Do not EVER run ANYTHING else on it ,
> and especialy do not use the same machine to surf the web . Boot it ,
> launch protel , close protel , shutdown computer. That is all that is

OK, so how many more apps are we going to devote an entire machine to?  If I
did this, there would be no room in my office for me!  I already have 4 PCs
(Linux server, 486 hackbox, W2K CADzilla, W95 print server) on/under my
desk, 2 printers, and the usual test equipment (LA, scope, PS, etc.)!  And
they are all used each day.  The areas under and behind my desk look like
the aftermath of an explosion at a wire factory!

I refuse to devote an entire machine to CAD only.  If that's the way CAD
software is designed, then to hell with it - that's poor design.

For what it's worth, Protel 99SE running on W2K works pretty well, no
resource limitations like in W9X.  Just don't switch the focus while 99SE is

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com