I get a critical stop with File eXit only, not the X button or Alt-F4.

Protel 99SE SP6
Win98
PII/366 128MB

I agree that I'm not sure there is any significance -- there are no error
messages popping up, and it doesn't seem to affect the system. Perhaps if
some has the time (and inclination) to run Protel under a Windows debugger,
and catch the "exit code" (if Windows still uses such a archaic DOS era
feature) or the actual error/call that causes the Critical Stop noise.

Damon Kelly
Hardware Engineer