doesn't do it to me

Igor

-----Original Message-----
From: JaMi Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, 7 September 2002 5:21 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Cc: JaMi Smith
Subject: [PEDA] Whats wrong with this picture.

OK . . .

So I'll admit, I missed the Class on Protel 99 SE Basics . . .

And I slept thru most of the Protel 99 SE 101 and 102 Classes . . .

But gimmie a break . . .

This one has got me baffled . . .

So what are the two simplest functions that one can possibly perform in
Protel 99 SE?

I mean the absolute simplest, most bare bones, easiest things to do in
Protel 99 SE.

I mean like, are you ready for this one, START Protel 99 SE, and are you
ready for this one, END Protel 99 SE.

Not too complex here, just simple stuff.

OK . . .

I can think of 3 ways to START Protel 99 SE (without an open database):

1. Double click the ICON on the Desktop.

2. Place the cursor over the ICON in the Desktop and press ENTER.

3. Navigate the START MENU and go from there.

Nothing too complicated, nothing major, and I do not have any problems here,
I can handle everything so far.

But now comes the problem.

I can think of 6 ways to END Protel 99 SE (without an open database):

1. Click on the big "X"  ("Close") in the upper right hand corner of the
Application.

2. From the "File" menu pulldown click on "Exit".

3. From the Task Manager, select Protel and end it.

4. "Shutdown" the system.

5. Hit "RESET", or turn off the power switch, or simply pull the plug out of
the wall (believe it or not I have had to resort to this before when Protel
99 SE "locks up").

6. Simply wait for it to "CRASH", which it always seems to do all by itself
sooner or later.

Now I will admit that the last 4 are not normal ways of simply ENDING Protel
99 SE, so we can eliminate them right off the bat, and simply stick with the
first 2.

"No Brainer" . . .

OK . . .

So I simply START Protel 99 SE by any of the above methods, or maybe some
that I haven't thought of, and go from there.

Now comes the hard part, we have Protel 99 SE up and running, with no
database open, in all of its glory, and we want to close it, so what do we
do?

1. We hit the big "X", and "wala!", it closes. Simple enough, I can andle
this. No problem here.

2 We go to the "File" menu pulldown, and click on "Exit", and what happens
now?

Well first of all, it takes much much much much longer to END Protel 99 SE
this way, but now comes the real problem, on it's final exit, we get, are
you ready for it, a Microsoft "KLUNK! sound, you know, the "sour note" that
Microsoft gives off when you commit an error!

Not the "Happy little Bell" that Microsoft uses to get your attention, but
the "KLUNK!" that it uses to say "ERROR!", or "WRONG ANSWER". or "You Blew
It!".

OK . . .

One of the two simplest functions in Protel 99 SE, and it can't even do this
without a "KLUNK!".

It can't even do this without an "ERROR!"

What's wrong with this picture ???

What's wrong with this picture !!!

OK . . .

So maybe it's me.

Does this happen to anyone else?

JaMi

* Tracking #: AA0194B7D0FB244F9AAF37BDBEBBB3C4F4AE1864