yes please.

can you make me a part ( custom part ) that looks like this :

a pin named 1 with pin number 1 at location 0,0 on the screen
below that
a pin numberd 2 and labeled 2
below that a pin number 3 and with the name 'a_pin'
( continue going down ( each time one step on the standard library grid)
 pin  4 has the dot symbol ( invertor ) an named 'dot'
pin5 has clock symbal and is named clock
pin 6 has clock and dot and is named dotclock
pin 7 is standard pin but has attribute hidden

from now on they can be anywhere
pin 8 is labeled 0deg
pin 9 is rotated 90 degrees up and labeled 90deg
pin 10 is rotated 180 degrees and labeled 180deg
pin 11 is rotate 270 degrees and labeled 270deg

a free label

a simple line with a lenght of 1 step on the grid
below that
a simple line with a lenght of 2 step on the grid
below that
a simple line with a lenght of 3 step on the grid

a cross drawn , each line in the cross is 2 grid units long

a rectangle of 1 grid squared , and a rectangle of 1 grid by 2 grid steps

a polygon ( if exists )
a circle with a radius os 1 grid step ( diameter is 2 grid steps )

the for arcs with radius 1 grid step

first arc goes 0 to 90 degrees , next arc goes 90 to 180 , next arc goes
180 to 270
last arch goes 270 to 360

save this part and give it the name 'mypart', and dump this as an ascii
library ( use the decompose or decompile tool )

that is the file i need

also take a simple library ( like the one that holds the resistor
capacitors and transistors and some opamps ) and save that as asciii ,
and get me thos files.

the custom part allows me to easily isolate all the graphics primitves
and dedecut the structure and syntax of the descriptors.
the real library is then used to test my algorithms against.

that's how i made my protel viewer. it took me hal f an hour to figure
out all the primitves and their syntax and 2 hours to code an engine
that could parse and visualise them. ran the engine on the real library
, and only had to correct a few mistakes ( it turned out there existed
another object that i didn't know about.

so i will tackle the orcad library the same way. the translateor is then
a piece of cake.

once that done i might tackle the schematic formats to construct a
protel 'viewer'

--

                    Tel : (919) 850 6070
                    Fax : (919) 850 6689