One feature I would like to see in "future" releases or service packs is
removal of inner pads before processing gerber data.  In other terms inner
pads would not be added to a via until a connection is made to that via.
The reason for this is for high density connectors where I am trying to
route between pad, I often get violations, when in fact the real gerber data
will have no clearance  violations after gerbers are processed with removed
inner pads.   This would allow proper routing in high density connectors.
The padstack for a via would automatically represent the a via the way it
really looks to the fabricator not to the designer.

An no ,I dont want to go the way Accel did with their complicated padstacks
because then I have to spend time creating a complex stack library with
silly names.  Editing vias in either PADS or Accel is time consuming,   I
like being able to double click and everything about that object appears.

Anybody is welcome to add to this.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD