From: Scott Ellis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 7:00 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Making of 956 pin SCH component (boring)

I think that the original format for protel sch parts back in version 3
had a text format. I am not sure if an older version of protel could do
the conversion of a text to ver3 binary library and then just convert
the library format to the current version. It would not take too long to
check if it could be done.

(I think this all derived from the fact that the Orcad libraries were
originally a text format and protel followed suit. )

(Of course I could be wrong, it is a while since I have looked at any of
the version 3 and earlier file formats.)

Scott Ellis
Manager
Novatex Research - Excellence in Electronic Research & Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 41 Yule Road, Merewether, Newcastle, NSW
2291, Australia
Ph 0412 988408   Fax 02 49636058