On 08:58 AM 20/09/2002 -0400, Brian Guralnick said:
>Now, this is a useful / valuable client-script to generate.
>
>OK, here is my planed ClientScript for next week.
>
>1.  The script generator will take in spread sheet pin name & data,
>including multiple pins with using 1 label on the same entry
>line.  (Sold separately, a PDF document decrypt hack which will recover
>the pinout tables.  I'm not sure why IC data sheets are
>encrypted in the first place.)
>
>2.  It will make a library schematic component in 3 ways:
>         a) Pins sorted into an orientation similar to the device package.
>         b) Pins sorted by pin numbers.
>         c) Pins intelligently grouped by pin names.
>The order of the pins in the source spread sheet will not matter.
>
>3.  Generate a report file of all the generated pins for cross reference &
>proof reading.
>
>Comments?  Additional things I should add/consider as I generate the code?

Electrical Type - easily added to the text file. Not quite so easy from the
PDF.

I always want correct electrical type.

What about also adding the option to order the pins according to the text
file - it would allow us to control the grouping.

(On this subject - haven't I seen reference somewhere to a pdf pin
extractor - I thought that was on the list? I must go back through the
archives when I get a moment.)

Ian Wilson