Brian,

That sounds great, I think once the part with all the
pins numbered and labelled (also the pin type in, out
etc) most of the work is done and this is where most
the manual human errors are made. The arranging of the
pins is the easy bit to do by hand.

Also with the bigger parts they are commonly made with
multiple parts not sure if you can handle that also.

A check for missing pins or duplicate pins would also
catch some errors.

Darren Moore