> of a copy of Protel, one could purchase thirty-two Windows 2000 Pro
licenses
> and still have change left over for a serious dinnwa.

What's a "dinnwa" ?

But W2K Pro won't convert his Protel 98 files either.  As long as we are
doing price comparisons, for the price of P99SE ($9K ?)you could buy 225
boxed Linux distros ($40 each).  Or you could (legally) make 36,000 copies
of a Linux distro CD ($0.25 per blank CD).

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com