At 08:32 AM 10/2/2002 -0700, Graham wrote:

>We do experience real problems opening P98 databases with P99SE, SP6, W2K.
>Power ports are mostly missing or misplaced, sometimes whole components are
>lost.  This is an issue I raised during an Altium training course, but
>received
>more sympathy than assistance.  I will contact Protel for P98.
>Graham.

Offhand, I would suggest checking the OrCAD port setting. This can cause
some mischief, I'm not sure if that is the case here. See
Tools/Preferences/OrCAD Load Options. OrCAD ports should be unchecked.
Unless you are importing OrCAD schematics.

I don't think the schematic file format changed between P98 and P99SE, but
if it did change, I doubt it would affect port settings.

If the problem is not solved by correctly setting the OrCAD ports option,
I'd be happy to look at one of these schematics under nondisclosure....