At 04:53 PM 10/3/2002 -0400, as dicta, [EMAIL PROTECTED] mentioned:
>(PEDA self-proclaimed "chair"

I would think that Mr. Jenkins is referring to me, though I am not
self-proclaimed except in the most literal sense (i.e., sometimes my
signature includes the title and thus I am proclaiming it). I began using
that title when I was unanimously elected chair by members of the Protel
Users Association.

The PEDA list is not operated by the Protel Users Association but by
Techserv Inc.; however, the Protel Users Association still considers the
PEDA list the primary Protel user support list. There is an alternate list
at [EMAIL PROTECTED], and most of the major writers for the PEDA
list are subscribers, but it has much less traffic, something considered an
advantage by many. Questions there are generally answered as well as on the
PEDA list.

The Protel Users Association is in permanent session through
[EMAIL PROTECTED], which is open to all Protel
users. If push comes to shove, voting membership might be restricted to
licensees only, but there has been no pushing or shoving: decisions usually
are made by consensus, without objection, in which case strict membership
definitions are irrelevant. My original term expired but I was asked to
continue to serve. Nevertheless, I consider nominations for my successor to
remain open, any member at any time may nominate another member to serve as
chair, until there has been another election, in which case the term of the
new chair will begin as provided in the bylaws.

So, technically, I am *acting* chair.