For anyone interested in a comprehensive set of free tools for testing,
benchmarking and thrashing your system and also getting useful comparative
measurements to other state of the art systems, try SiSoftware Standard
tools, downloaded from
http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/sandra/

There is a nice burn-in tool included that will thrash your system
continuously and report any errors.

Having said that, I must add that nothing seems to thrash my system as bad
and heat it up as quickly as my Goes-8 satellite method.  It brings the full
power load of my GeForce4 card to bare in addition to the CPU load and its
very simple to use if you don't really care about the numbers..

Sincerely,

Tim Hutcheson
Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
University of West Florida
40 South Alcaniz St.
Pensacola, FL  32501

"There are 10 types of people in the world;
those that read binary and those that don't."
  -- Anonymous Poster --