Excellent test. See comments below...

Thus far, it looks as if the DXP 2.8 importer has a problem, right?

> All three files opened and the "Saved Copy as" in P99SE to V4
> and V3 and
> exported as V2.8.
> The new V3 and V4 files were exported from P99SE (the V2.8
> exports are
> already out of the DDB).
>
> All 9 new files were then opened in DXP and default options
> chosen for all
> on the import wizard.
>
> Two files had zero-sized bottom layer pads.  Top layer pads
> were OK.  These
> files were the V3 and V4 files exported from DXP and then opened and
> exported as V2.8 in P99SE.  The file that was saved-as V2.8
> out of DXP and
> the exported out of P99SE as V2.8 seemed to be OK.

Ooh, you almost lost me. The two files you mentioned could have been
trashed by 99SE. Did you reopen them in 99SE and in DXP after exporting
the V3 and V4 to 2.8 formats?

Earlier, the 2.8 version that when out from DXP and back into DXP was
flawed, right? So how does that same file after going through 99SE work
this time?

This would be good for Altium to sort out, because there are probably
lots of old design files that would need to be migrated forward
correctly. Many of my old designs don't really need to be migrated
because they are obsolete products, but it would be nice to have them
all forward just for kicks.