On 03:47 PM 18/10/2002 +1000, Igor Gmitrovic said:
In my opinion you contradict yourself. The important thing here is that the known behaviour from the old versions of Protel is propagated to the DXP in one way or the other.

Igor

I have now done some testing.

Started with a PCB file in DXP. This file has a combination of components created in P99SE and DXP as per Brian original email.

Saved this file in multiple formats from within DXP:
A) V4 (P98/P99SE)
B) V3 (V3)
C) V2.8

Opened each file in 99SE. All looked OK. All pads seemed to be OK. So far so good.

Re-opened all these files in DXP.

The V2.8 file, when immediately re-opened in DXP, had the designators in different positions to the original file. P99SE had the designators in the correct location and orientation. The others did not show this problem. All pads seems OK.

All three files were imported in a blank P99SE Access DDB.

All opened OK. And all appeared to be OK.

All three files opened and the "Saved Copy as" in P99SE to V4 and V3 and exported as V2.8.
The new V3 and V4 files were exported from P99SE (the V2.8 exports are already out of the DDB).

All 9 new files were then opened in DXP and default options chosen for all on the import wizard.

Two files had zero-sized bottom layer pads. Top layer pads were OK. These files were the V3 and V4 files exported from DXP and then opened and exported as V2.8 in P99SE. The file that was saved-as V2.8 out of DXP and the exported out of P99SE as V2.8 seemed to be OK.

This is on a quick inspection. I know where I would point fingers but I will lets others have their rants first.

Ian