Hi Tim,

Below is a copy of the message Altium posted to the DXP forum today.
I would still like to see the "Simple BOM" format include user defined
fields as well.

Rob Young

-----------------------------------

Hi All,

We have been discussing changes to the BOM format, but had decided to
hold over the planned changes till SP2 since they will tie in with other
output setup changes that are planned.

In the meantime, we have prepared a new drop-in output generator that
will produce the BOM in essentially the same format as P99SE.

Like the additional netlisters, this additional reporter is simply
dropped into your install. Once you have restarted DXP it will appear as
'Simple BOM' in the Reports menu, and in the Project Outputs dialog.

Use the following link to download the new 'Simple BOM' reporter.

http://www.protel.com/resources/downloads

Copy the .DLL and .OUT file into your \Altium\System folder, restart
DXP, and BOM away!

The BOM can either be run on the project (in which case it uses the
schematic), or on a PCB if it is opened directly (don't open the project
first). You must Compile the project before you can generate the BOM (or
if you are generating from the PCB, select Analyze Document). And yes,
we would have made it do that bit automatically if we could have, you'll
have to wait for SP2 for that.

This reporter produces the BOM in a simple text format, and also in CSV
format. The 2 BOM files are written to the Project Outputs sub-folder.

regards,
Phil