Hi, Chris-

I asume you're doing a Copy of an existing Polygon.

After dropping the polygon, in the Properties Box that appears,
assing it to Net "GND". It will connect to Gnd after repouring.

Alternatively, instead of doing a normal paste, use the "Paste
Special" option, checking the box for "Keep Net Name", and when
it asks "Repour Polygon" say Yes.

N.B: If you're copying from an existing Polygon, the source
document from which the original object is being copied MUST
remain open until the object is pasted to its new location/document.

Brian

At 06:09 PM 11/2/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am using Protel 99SE and cannot figure out why when I drop a polygon
plane, which I choose to be GND it drops the
>plane over all the pads and tracks in the area.
>I have my netlist correct, I think I have set the polygon plane right by
setting not to remove dead copper.