From: Brian Sherer [mailto:foothill@;foothillpcb.com]
Sent: Sunday, 3 November 2002 3:55 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] polygon fill

Chris-

I had second thoughts. You may not be copying, but creating a
polygon on a board having an existing polygon.

Protel gets confused if you create a polygon which lies within
or overlaps another polygon (with a different net name) on the same layer.
See Protel's Help topics. A Split Plane must be used in this case. In brief,
the added Polygon is made using the Place Split Plane option; the
polygons may NOT overlap, and an "inner" polygon must NOT be fully
enclosed by the "outer" polygon. To created space for the "inner" polygon,
the outer polygon may be edited to break its outline and move the
resulting vertices, to create a hole in the outer polygon. Then you place
the inner polygon in the hole.

Hope this helps.

Brian

At 06:09 PM 11/2/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am using Protel 99SE and cannot figure out why when I drop a polygon
plane, which I choose to be GND it drops the
>plane over all the pads and tracks in the area.
>I have my netlist correct, I think I have set the polygon plane right by
setting not to remove dead copper.