From: Brian Sherer [mailto:foothill@;foothillpcb.com]

> Protel gets confused if you create a polygon which lies within
> or overlaps another polygon (with a different net name) on
> the same layer.
> See Protel's Help topics. A Split Plane must be used in this
> case.

Or you can lay your polygons next to each other so they don't overlap!

Does this mistake cause the sort of problem that he is experiencing though?
I haven't tried placing polygons on top of each other for years.

I remember placing polygons of the same net over each other in protel98 was
pretty bad, it would slow down the machine ridiculously. Though I thought
they fixed that in 99? (actually I was very annoyed at protel for this,
including a major bugfix in the *next revision* on their software, protel99,
but not making the fix available as a patch for protel 98..)

Julian