Mike

Make a start here

Either run regedit and search on 'my documents' and change appropriately.

Or some articles

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310147
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256986
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322014

You can use the keywords at the bottom of the KB articles to search further.

Some office components will complain profusely at doing this and you may need to
change there default settings manually.

But my experience of Protel to date is that it always remembers the last open or saved
to folder, it does not seem to have a default as such and not follow windows the same
as office or other applications would.

Hope this helps a bit

John