Mike,
        can't help with all of your apps but the Microsoft apps (at least
the newer ones) usually have the capability to set your default directories.
It is usually in the setup or options configuration area of the apps
themselves.

        As far as P99SE, on my system it always defaults to the last
directory I stored in or the last directory I opened files from. Possibly
this is influenced by "Save Preferences" checkbox under the "Big Down
Arrow", "Preferences", "System Preferences", mine is checked.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Check out our fall promotion at www.norsat.com. Limited quantities. Sale
ends December 24, 2002.
Contact your Account Manager or call 1-800-NII-4LNB or email