My problem is as follow:

All components in my design are in imperial unit, of course i define my grid in "mils". But i have a little problem when place the only one component in "metric" unit, the component is a CS8900Q and i can't put this component in grid :(
The problem start when i try to place a track, the anchor point in the metric component pad has ok but when i draw the track outside the pad or over the pad the track goes to grid. Can you understand my problem? Have you a solution???

Thanks very much!!!

Bob

At 11:13 a.m. 25/02/03, you wrote:
> From: RAD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm newbie in Protel, and i need to make
> a new PCB with mixed components
> (SMD and conventional), with imperial &
> metric units. Can anyone help me??
> What is the best way to draw this?
What's your tolerance? And why simultaneous
mixed-mode (mil/mm)? Seeing your title makes
me wonder if this query is more academic than
real-world...

The best way, IMO, is either in imperial
OR metric, not both. Protel has certain
peculiarities which impinge negatively
upon dimensional accuracy when switching
units from one standard to the other.

That is, you're asking for trouble on
the mixed-mode (mil/mm) question.

As for SMD/thru-hole, it's easy, design-wise,
but mfg is a little more complicated than
one or the other, and your options become
a bit more limited in terms of automated
fab.

aj