On 09:21 AM 26/02/2003, Ian Wilson said:
<..snip..>
P99SE (and DXP :-) ) have an imperial fundamental unit, metric support is by simple conversion.

This should read "...and DXP :-( ..." - a lot of people are quite disappointed about Altium not taking the opportunity to change the base units with the release of DXP. The reasons are well documented in the archives.

I gather that Altium have made some effort to overcome the rounding/truncation issues in DXP, and I have noticed a big improvement. But there was still some residual issues that were being discussed a long time ago - these may have been fixed in SP2 for DXP. Still not as good as a decent metric base unit - and if anyone wants to go back over the reasons I suggest you first go through the archives (search for "metric imperial" and then go back in reverse data order) and then discuss it on the OT forum.

Ian Wilson