RAD wrote:
My problem is as follow:

All components in my design are in imperial unit, of course i define my grid in "mils". But i have a little problem when place the only one component in "metric" unit, the component is a CS8900Q and i can't put this component in grid :(
The problem start when i try to place a track, the anchor point in the metric component pad has ok but when i draw the track outside the pad or over the pad the track goes to grid. Can you understand my problem? Have you a solution???

Thanks very much!!!

Bob

When connecting to fine-pitch surface mount parts (or other pins not on a "nice" grid), I will switch the routing grid to 5 mil or 1 mil while close to the offending pin, then switch to a larger grid when I get away from the part.

You can quickly switch grids using Ctrl-G (or maybe Alt-G) (Don't have Protel open at present...)

-- Peter Bennett TRIUMF 4004 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada GPS and NMEA info and programs: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html