> The problem start when i try to place a track, the anchor point in the
> metric component pad has ok but when i draw the track outside the pad or

> over the pad the track goes to grid. Can you understand my problem? Have

> you a solution???

I just route it with a grid of something like 5mil. When I come off the
pad I go straight until I am far enough away from the pad that a diagonal
won't interfere with other traces from nearby pads, then I put a 45 degree
track and from there I am on grid. If you are on the 45 degree when you
click the mouse the first time the track will be straight and aligned with
the pad. I have a borad right here that has TSSOP memory with 0.5mm pitch
and I routed it with a 0.005 inch grid.

Robert D. LaMoreaux
MTS Systems Corp.
Powertrain Technology Division