Suzy,
Thanks for the hint on cut-off edges.

I think I tried printing the suspect schematic to a postscript file some
time back but seem to recall there were some problems with this method also.
My memory is not 100% on this (it may have been that the HP printer couldn't
handle embedded postscript in Word documents at the time...).

Usually the trick of "print to postscript file" and convert to PDF works
well from troublesome Windows application.
I don't have Acrobat so instead print to file using a generic postscript
printer (the Windows Apple Laserwriter II NT driver works well), and then
convert the resultant file to PDF using the freely available GhostScript &
GhostView package (see www.ghostscript.com).

cheers,
Mark Harrison
Research engineer
The Bionic Ear Institute / University of Melbourne
Australia