I just did a WEB search for "tombstoning",  and this link came up,
which might help:
http://www.loctite.com/pdf/SMT_Anti-Tomstone_Article_Reprint.pdf

---Phil

LYM IN> Dear All,

LYM IN> I always set the polygon connect to pads directly, and it always work fine.
LYM IN> But now, we found there are components stand after reflow, some  contain
LYM IN> pads connect to polygon, some not. I wonder if this is caused by the polygon
LYM IN> connet style or any other reason. So my question is:

LYM IN> 1, what are the key points to cause components stand after reflow?
LYM IN> 2, When will components-stand always occur during reflow process? Preheat or
LYM IN> cool.
LYM IN> 3, How to slove this problem?

LYM IN> I am looking forward to your constructive suggestions, any input would be
LYM IN> great appreciated!

LYM IN> Best Regards,
LYM IN> Luo.