On 09:27 AM 7/03/2003, Richard Sumner said:
Usually, when I add a few components to the schematic, and update the pcb, the components are placed in a horizontal row starting at the lower right corner of the board. Today, it (99se, sp6) started placing them in a vertical column, with negative 300 mil increment! My board origin (LL corner) is at 1,1, so only the first 3 are visible (and accessible). The rest are in negative Y land!! Selecting everything and moving up will make them all visible, but this seems to mess up polygon fills and split planes when I try to put it back. Yuk!

Any suggestions? Does anyone know where the increment parameter is hidden? I'll eventually give up and reinstall everything, but I'd like to avoid that.

1) Would reinstalling fix it? it may be something related to the project, try a new project, or related to the install - look in the Windows folder for all the *99SE*.ini an dDFT and rcs files and see if any of these (text) files affect things. You can safely move these files out of the windows folder and they will be recreated with system defaults. You would loose any customizations, so back them up first and if this fixes the issue, investigate to see what is different between the new (default) files and the old ones.

2) Try Select-Outside and then draw the select box around your PCB. This should just select the wayward components. Then move them.

Ian Wilson