Carlos, Clive,
   I think that there is a typo involved in the original description, I would believe
it is 0.000050" of gold plating. Secondly, there should be no solder embrittlement
with a typical through-hole lead because the gold typically will not make up 3%  or
more of the solder weight. and the solder forms a plug rather than just sitting atop
the SMT pad.
   I am wondering why the need for the high temp solder? A specified requirement?
Since gold solders quite easily I can't picture the need for the special solder.
   I have designed and sent to fab many gold plated boards in my career, they solder
wonderfully with just regular solder, typical low solids no-clean solder or aqueous
solder. So I suspect one of two problems here.
1)   Moisture trapped within the PCB. Symptom, watch the hole(s) while it is being
soldered is the solder bubbling and erupting? Solution, pre-bake the PCBs to remove
trapped moisture.
2)   The high temp solder is the biggest suspect. Something involved with the special
solder here, temperature, flux, some combination.

   Another question. Why do you need 50 uinches of Gold? Typically this much gold is
only used on mechanical contact areas like card edge connectors. It is typically
limited to selective plating in the required areas. For regular solderable areas a
gold flash of as little as 2 - 3 uinches usually suffices very well.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander
Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.