On 07:29 AM 12/06/2004, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:
At 03:28 AM 3/14/2003, Z Hylton wrote:
I am panelizing a number of small boards, (5 caps, two SOP16 packages). I'm
using DXP and when I copy the second board, all the designator's names are
changed. C1 becomes C1_1, ...the third board has designator's changed from
C1 to C1_2... and so on.

Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? Or maybe it's best to move
everything back to 99SE once again and do the work there?

You'll have the same problem in 99SE. You are not really "panelizing," you are copying primitives including footprints, and footprints have reference designators, and reference designators must be unique.

They don't have to be unique, just use Edit Paste-Special and check the options there to keep nets and designators. You can panelise in P99SE and in DXP but there are lots of things to watch out for and there are other ways to do it.

So you can do it in DXP but there are things that will eventually get you. What I usually do is fully specify the board outline for the panel on a mech layer and then design the circuit in the bottom left corner. Then I get the board maker to do the step and repeat as per the board outline and dimensions on a different mech layer.

To panelize, use CAMtastic.

There is a learning guide for this in the help system, I think.

Ian