At 05:58 AM 20/06/2003 +0530, you wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by "duplication".

Do you mean panelising a PCB so there are multiple copies on one larger PCB panel.

You mention "measuring the component coordinates and placing them in the worksheet" -
are you trying to get the "pick and place" coordinates for automatically stuffing the
components onto the PCB?

I think I may not understand the question. Can you explain what you need in more detail.

Ian

Ian, what I mean 'duplication' is reproduction of existing PCBs
which don't have any film or gerber data for furthur prodution.
So we have to go for copying or scanning the existing board for
further production.

palaniraja

Yeah - I got that after reading Graham's reply. I just did not have the right hat on when I read your post, my apologies. There has been some discussion about reconstructing PCBs from Gerbers - it may be worthwhile looking through the archives (see the bottom of each post for the URL). But the archives don't go back all that far. There has also been previous discussion about reconstructing a PCB design from a physical board - but the last time this came up was probably 6 months or more ago.

There has also been some discussion on the DXP forums about reconstructing a PCB from Gerbers. I think there is even a pdf file giving some info - but I am not totally sure. Some of the info may be relevant to P99SE and if not you could use the trial version of DXP and then export the PCB to P99SE. The document may be the one called "CAMtastic Imports and Exports" at:
http://www.protel.com/resources/learningguides/index.html

Ian

Considered Solutions Pty Ltd
5 The Crescent, Chatswood, NSW, 2067