At 03/07/2003 11:47, Gisbert wrote:
check again that there really is no overlap whatever small between the split sections.

No overlap. There are 3 isolated islands within the main VCC plane, several centimeters apart.

After a visit to the toilet (my best ideas seem to emerge there) I thought it wise to triple-check the PPC definition. Well, call me stupid and throw mud in my face (I seem to deserve it): the PPC definition was indeed the culprit. Should have checked it better before.
Somehow the PWR plane got replaced by a non-existent(!) layer.....

I will put the .Layer_Name text string on every layer from now on, right from the start. At least it will give me a hint when something like this happens again...

Thank you all for your input.

Regards,

Leo Potjewijd
hardware designer