Leo,

Are you defining your Split Planes  by firstly defining "Planes" in the
Stack Manager (Design > Layer Stack Manager . . .), and then adding Split
Plane segments (Design > Split Planes . . .), or are you using Polygons to
define your planes and your Split Planes (or as you state "sub-planes")?

You should be using the first method, unless you have other routing on a
layer that is also a plane layer.

If you are using Polygons for your Planes and Split Planes (or
"sub-planes"), you need to remember that a Polygon has a box to "Remove Dead
Copper", which means that if you have a "check" in that box, and you do not
have any connections ("No vias at all" ? ? ? (below)) to that polygon, then
that Polygon will dissappear altogether when you "repour" it.

What you need to do here, if you suspect that this is happening, is to
double click on the Polygon (or where it used to be), and remove the "check"
next to "Remove Dead Copper", and then "repour" the Polygon.

In reading your post, it occured to me that theremight be one other thing
that might be going on here, and on the off chance that it might be the
case, I thought I would cover it also.

It sounds like you might possibly be trying to ,ake "Split Planes" (or
"sub-planes") by using either Tracks or Lines and placing them on a Plane
Layer in order to "Split" up the Planes into "Split Planes" (or
"sub-planes"). If this the case, this will not work, and you need to use the
"Design ? Split Planes . . ." option in the main menu.

JaMi