I can tell you about a certain issue with installation on a dual boot 98/2000 box, but I doubt that is your situation.
I haven't tested it with one of the newer CD's that come with SP2 already on them, since I don't have one. Perhaps this issue no longer exists.

What happens is 10 of the DXP template files are flagged by various disk repair utilities as having invalid long file names when the disk is checked on the Win98 side. This wouldn't be much of a problem except most disk utilities want to delete the long file names. Win2000 utilities report no problem. It is easily fixed by zipping up the templates, deleting the originals and then unzipping them back into the original directory.

Thought I would mention it just in case.

Frank