There are autoplacement features of 99Se that might help with this problem, but I'd have to test it to be sure.

What I would do if I had components stacked up off the workspace is to Select All, then Deselect Inside a box that I could draw to include all but a few components at the edge. Then I'd pick up one of the remaining visible selected components and pull the rest into the workspace, they should move together.

All in all, it should take less than a minute to fix.