On 12:32 AM 26/07/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

Hi,

did anyone notice the following bug in 99SE? I'm referring to SP6.

When you draw a PCB outline from the scratch and then call the "update PCB"
function in the corresponding schematic, in order to import your parts and
nets into the PCB file, the synchronizer places the parts on the right side
of the board outline; same parts horizontally, different parts vertically.
If you have many different parts, i.e. the vertical column of components is
high, some can be placed outside the reachable workspace (area on the
screen reachable by move in/out and the scroll bars).

Does sound like an irritating bug.

You must have a lot of components, the work space is 100 inches pretty high after all. I guess if you place the board toward the top right corner you could "push" some components out into the unreachable space.

You are already aware of one way of dealing with it. The Select-Outside, Move Selection method may be another.

I seem to vaguely recall a discussion along these lines many years ago. But in this case it was components moved off the workplace by accidentally forgetting to clear a selection before making a new selection and moving it. The same sort of macros would continually appear on the Synch. Could be wrong though, in seeming to recall this.
Ian