A perfect example of the New World Philosophy which states that there is no
right or wrong, and I can do anything that I want to, and you have no right
to tell me what is right or wrong, moral or immoral, ethical or unethical.

I mean gee whiz, sure I stole a fifty thousand dollars from Bill Gates or
some other billionaire, but he won't miss it, and he certainly won't ever
use it, so it must be OK then because I need it.

But gee whiz officer, I didn't hit anybody, and I am in a hurry, so why
should I have to stop at every one of those stop signs or only go 25 miles
per hour down this residential street, when I wasn't causing any problems by
going 50.

I don't care how much you attempt to justify the situation, what's right is
right. and what's wrong is wrong.

Truth is truth, and it does not change or waiver to suit the needs of the
moment, or to justify ones actions, or excuse ones behavior, I don't care
how much you want to philosophize or wax eloquent.

Licensed Software that costs $8K a copy is a tangible asset as well as a
proprietary asset of the company that paid for it, and theft of a copy of
that asset is still theft, or actually it would be considered grand theft,
which in and of itself is an unlawful act in most jurisdictions,
notwithstanding any tort which would or would not be a civil action totally
separate from the criminal charges involved.

If you don't believe this, then steal a copy of Protel from a Government
Contractor's facility and see how fast the FBI locks you up and throws away
the key and then charges you with a Felony.

Ethically, you're justification simply does not map to reality.

That's like trying to say that you wouldn't have paid for a Cable TV
Subscription anyway, so the Cable Company didn't loose anything by your
using a Cable TV Descrambler to get free Cable TV.

That is exactly the same argument that you are stating below. Identical.

Well I've got news for you. In this State, it's not only theft (unlawful -
illegal), it's a Felony, punishable by imprisonment (not just a few days in
the local Jail, but a few years in State Prison).

Ethical? There is absolutely no question that it is unethical, and I would
bet that it would certainly be grounds for termination at just about every
company that ever bought a Protel license, if you were caught taking the CD
ROM and Access Codes home without permission.

Remember, we are not talking about a Protel licensee that allows his
employee to take a copy home and install it with his permission, or at his
request. We are talking about an employee taking a copy home and installing
it without asking.

It would be totally futile to attempt to argue any specific points with you
below, since you have already redefined both ethical and lawful behavior to
conform to your own standards of right or wrong, and to justify your own
world view, and if you can't even see or admit to that, there is nothing
that I can say or do that would make you see that or change your mind.

JaMi