> There are a whole new class of statutes which have been appearing recently
> (or at least getting a lot of attention in recent years), and that is in
the
> arena dealing with the areas of "illgotten gain" and "unlawful
enrichment".
> I am not quite sure that these areas deal only with the civil arena, but
> rather I believe that they also get into criminal law as well.

Too bad those statutes don't apply to companies such as Microsoft.  If there
was ever a company that achieved their market position by "ill-gotten gain"
and "unlawful enrichment", it's Microsoft.

Not verbatim, but functionally equivalent conversation excerpt from U.S.
Dept. of Justice Antitrust Division and Microsoft chairman Bill Gates:

DOJ:  Mr. Gates, we find that Microsoft is a monopoly according to our
official definition of monopoly, and that you have used illegal business
practices such as bundling and exclusivity agreements to extend this
monopoly.
Bill:  Yeah.  So?
DOJ:  Oh, nothing.  We just thought we'd mention it.  Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com