Hi again.

I just noticed sometghing strange with the Sch editor of P99SE(SP6).

I set up my schematic libraries (all in one database) with custom part field names: 'tolerance' for field 1, 'power/voltage' for field 2 and 'class/rating' for field 3.
Since these fields can be blank for a lot of parts, I further set those fields to blanks in the default primitives dialog. I also unchecked their 'hide' checkbox to facilitate later editing.

When I place a part, the first time around these fields show up as an asterisk on the same location as the part type; ie I have a value and three asterisks on top of one another.
The fields are not hidden (as expected), but the fields contain asterisks (which is NOT expected).

When I rotate the part or left-click again the asterisks that shouldn't be there in the first place suddenly show up at their normal position (which is _very_ strange, to say the least).

The weirdest thing however is that when I place the part, delete it and then place it again all behaves as expected: non-hidden, blank fields. Every subsequently placed instance of that part (wether left-click or with a new place command) is then OK, even when rotated...

But when I place some other part from any library I'm back at square one.

Closing libraries, databases or restarting Protel doesn't help; neither does 'update parts in cache' or 'update schematics'.

Which brings me to these questions:
Did I miss a setting somewhere?
Did anyone see this before?
Is there a solution to this? This is quite annoying.....

Leo Potjewijd hardware designer IE Keyprocessor bv.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+31 20 4620700