re
the hang on close

having gone thru almost a dozen machines over the years
w/ 2 SE licenses i can say for sure the following:

1] the problem you describe here is for real

2] it is entirely dependent on the machine or some OS
tweak or something i could never track down
i replaced the whole box and it was completely solved
same OS, same other apps installed
no real explanation other than the hardware

Dennis Saputelli