KLUNK ! ! !

I thought at one time that we could possibly embarrass Altium into some
kind of action on Service Pack 7, and I think that since it appears that
all else has failed, that maybe its time we should start making a some
more "noise" again.

It worked for ATS (at least superficially) . . .

The nicer, kinder, gentler, meeker, submissive, and more passive user
approach has gotten us nowhere in terms of fixing the remaining problems
with Protel 99 SE, and absolutely nothing except more refrains from the
"upgrade to Protel DXP" song and dance routine of some of the more
prominent users in this forum, almost as if they were either getting a
commission on DXP sales, or maybe even hoping that if they could get
enough new converts to DXP that Altium would fix it faster and even
possibly someday make DXP as productive as 99 SE (even with all of its
"warts") . . . .

[insert primal scream here]

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH  ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Upgrading to DXP, even at this point in time, is not "upgrading", but
still actually "downgrading", in almost every sense. Yes, DXP may
someday actually become the super wazoo program it has the potential to
be, and even become a really functional alternative to 99 SE, and be
worth the price of admission, and even be worth the price of training
(or is that retraining), but it appears that at this point there are
still a number of DXP users that are still singing the blues and have
not yet seen the vision of the starry eyed and Altruistic Altium
faithful . .

Alt[ruistic]ium . . .

JaMi

PS. While members of this forum see an occasional DXP sob story, or even
the occasional story of success, to really see what's happening with DXP
you need to join the DXP Forum, from the Altium website, where you can
see the daily problems and solutions. Even as just Protel 99 SE users
you should still be able to join the DXP forum (since you are a
potential DXP customer), just to monitor its progress as it were.
Interestingly, or possibly the word is unfortunately, it is still even v
ery difficult to log into the "official" DXP Forum website and review
all of the previous posts that are archived there, since a good number
of the posts are totally scrambled and unreadable, since it is still,
even at this time, unable to correctly display the all of the various
different email formats.

* * * * *