Jami and all...

>Once you are finished doing whatever it is that you want to do, and you
>want to set the display drawing order back to normal, just return to the
>same dialog box and use the "Default" button, and everything will be set
>back to normal.

NO!!

Do NOT press this button in 99 SE !!!

Pressing this button rewrites the configurations files back to Protel 98 and will
permanently set your layer capabilities back to the same era.  You will have to either
re-install or copy a section from a good file to get them back.  Not sure what all
effect this has, but I do know that it will get rid of alot of mech layers.

Frank

At 02:18 PM 10/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Zhang,
>
>In the PCB Editor, select "Preferences" under "Tools" in the Main Menu.
>
>Under the second tab, "Display", you will see a button labeled "Layer
>Drawing Order", which will bring up a dialog box that will allow you to
>change the order in which the layers are displayed.
>
>Just select the layer that you want to move, and use the "Promote"
>button to move it up in the display drawing order, or use the "Demote"
>button to move it down in the display drawing order, and then press "Ok"
>when you are finished
>
>This should allow you to change the order in which things are displayed,
>which I believe is what you are looking for.
>
>Once you are finished doing whatever it is that you want to do, and you
>want to set the display drawing order back to normal, just return to the
>same dialog box and use the "Default" button, and everything will be set
>back to normal.
>
>Hopefully this will answer your question.
>
>JaMi

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies
(918) 838-1973 Phone