and don't forget the very useful
ALT-END key
redraws current the layer as topmost
very useful at times, esp for seeing traces under pads
will also put the copper on top of the silkscreen

it goes away though with the next pan or redraw, which is probably as it
should be

i concur that messing with the Layer Drawing Order tool
is more trouble than it is worth usually
(bug aside)

and no, as Ian says, you don't need to reinstall if you push the dreaded
button
but i can't exactly remember the drill either
just route around in your backups of the INI and RCS file and it should
become apparent after some wasted moments

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003